Extruded Polystyrene is a closed cell polystyrene rigid foam board, with high compressive strength and excellent long-term thermal resistance performance, due to its inherent resistance to moisture transfer. It is produced on a continuous, fully automated extrusion process. In South Africa, it is manufactured in a single density range, suitable for most local applications.
Boards are available in various lengths (from 1800mm to 8m) and thicknesses (30mm, 40mm, 50mm, 80mm) to suit most residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial thermal insulation requirements, including under floor slab, cavity wall, over purlin and rafter, inverted roof and insulated ceiling applications. Polystyrene will deteriorate if continually exposed to ultra violet radiation, and will dissolve in solvents. Compatible with all water-based adhesives and paints.
XPS Sheets cut to length with a max length of 8000mm and a standard width of 600mm wide.
XPS Sheets lengths:
- Standard board lengths: 1200mm increasing in 600mm increments to 7200mm.
- The longest board we can manufacture: 8000mm.
- Length tolerance is ±5mm.
XPS Sheets are used in the following installations for ceilings
- Nail Up
- Inverted Roof
- Between Truss
- Over Purlin
XPS Sheets can also be used as:
- Ground Slab (under surface bed)
- Cavity Wall
- Inverted Roof
Features and Benefits
- Durable and long-lasting
- Lightweight for easy application
- Strong and sturdy for long-lasting applications
- Weather resistant
- Low water absorption
- Acoustic benefits
- Provides thermal insulation
- CFC free
- Complies with Building Standards